MRM - SPY

It's finally here, the film you've all been waiting for... and yes, it is actually here this time :-)


SPY (2008)


Directed by: Graydon and Jonathan L

Written by: N/A

Starring Cast: Jonathan L(the Spy)

Supporting Cast: N/A

What's it Rated?: Not Rated (I give it PG for action violence and thematic elements)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Thriller

Synopsis: A Spy sneaks into an unkown house and does some damage.

My Take: Considering the fact that I (for the most part) directed the film, I definetly have a diferent take on the film itself than anyone else would. I'm going to try to tell you a few things about SPY from the director's standpoint, mixed in with a little behind the scenes "gosip" :-)

believe it or not, Jonny and I came up with the idea for SPY when we were doing what we do best (lazing around) and I looked up at the entrance to our school room (the same hight as a regular doorway, but about twice as wide) and said "we should make a spy movie and incoperate that entryway in it". Of course, I'm paraphrasing that quote, but that's exactly what we did. First we tried a few new film techniuqes (none of which ended up in the final cut of the film) and finaly just started filming. (In case you're wondering, we didn't end up using the entryway either)

The story just unfolded before us as we went along, we knew we wanted some fight sequences and a couple "gun fights", so we pieced that together with an assasination and a break-in and just let the camera role as our imaginations played the roles.

One of the many mistakes that we made in the filming was starting the film outdoors. whenever we wanted to film the camera couldn't see the actors and the sky was too light! we ended up having to back the car up partway into the street and flip on the lights jsut to get enough light on the set without comprimizing the dark sky in the background. One of the things I will never do in any film I make in future is film outside at night.

Anyway, I wasn't overjoyed at the final cut of the film. but it was our first "serious" short film that we'de ever made and of course, we were bound to make mistakes. I may not have been happy with the film itself, but the experience was definetly worth it.

Story: 5 out of 10

Humor: N/A

Action/Suspense: 6 out of 10

Overall: 5 out of 10

Yet another big "Thank You" goes out to Sam Y for reducing SPY's file size so I could put it on blogger.

One last thing! In the scene where the SPY has just killed the guard that tried to sneak up on him, another guard (which the spy will later shoot) comes out of a door and yells something. If anyone can guess what his exlamation means, that person wins eternal bragging rights as

"The person who figured out what that one guy said"

happy guessing!

*hint*: it's German

-Graydon L

11 comments:

SamuelY said...

Hey Graydon,
I'm surprised that you didn't give the film a humor rating. Although it wouldn't be very high, there are several humorous elements in the soundtrack such as the record screeching after the first shot, or the orchestral setting for the general's death scene.

Just a thought,
Sam

Graydon L said...

That is true, and if I were to rate those particular instances, I would give it around a 5-7 out of 10, but the broader picture of the film itself really isn't "funny" per say. Because of this, I have left the humor rating at N/A.

thanks for the comment though, Sam!

-Graydon :-)

Anonymous said...

So that is what you were doing in the middle of the night! I almost called the cops because I thought someone was breaking into your house! You were also very loud, I did not appreciate that at all!
Needless to say I am annoyed.

Your angry neighbor

Graydon L said...

well, I'm glad you care, mister neighbor, and I'm also glad that you didn't call the cops!
:-)

-Graydon :-)

Anonymous said...

Who said I was a MISTER!! How rude of you to assume that I am a man! Is it beacuse you think that only men have the ability to call the cops and be mad, or is it because you think that only men should be spending time online and Woman should be cleaning house and cooking? It was very rude of you to assume that I was a man! You probably think that Women should not vote either! I fell sorry for all you home-schoolers who are brought up to not think for yourselves!

~ XMREKLDIOSYSIA

Graydon L said...

Well, Well, Melissa, That's a pretty fiesty comment. Oh yes, I know it's you. You don't actually think I use my knowledge of HTML code merely for legal purposes do you? Ooooooh no, I've got all sorts of crazy things going on in your computer. In fact, I'm planning a remote takeover in a week or so... that's where I take control of your computer from right inside my office...

Just kidding... But really melissa, I do know about it when someone comments on my blog, even if it's an anonymous comment.

As for my assuming "my neighbor" was a man, well, My neighbor recently was laid off but his wife is still working. He's the only one home during the day, so he's the only one who could have commented.

take that. ;-)

-Graydon :-)
(waaaaaay smarter)

Melissa said...

I told you it was me! I said so in my comment! Plus Jonny knew! Have fun with that take over! Just don't look in file #7 ! It contains all the sercret tunnels under our house.... think Hogan's Heroes : D

Melissa
(you know I'm smarter and you just don't want to admit it !!)

Graydon L said...

Oh, I've already been in all those tunnels and I'm working on some of my own ;-)

And you didn't really tell me it was you, I had to figure that out myself, but I know your IP adress, and it's pretty easy to find out someone's name once you have their IP.

-Graydon :-)
(so smart your corn-kernel sized brain can't even begin to comprehend my genius ;-) )

Melissa said...

I can prove I'm smarter because, you started a pointless argument! Smart people don't start pointless arguments!

Melissa
(Who are you calling a corn-kernel!?!?! onion seed brain... ever seen an onion seed? They are tiny!!!)

Graydon L said...

Oh, did I say "corn kernel"? I meant "mustard seed" ;-)

-Graydon :-)

Melissa said...

Orchid seed....

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones