At The Tacoma City Of Destiny Awards

As most of you know, the Fort Nisqually Apprentice Interpreter program, of which I am a "member", won yet another award. We were selected as the "Youth Volunteer Group Of The Year" by the City Of Destiny Awards committee and (almost) all of us were at the awards ceremony last night to be congratulated.

Here's some pictures Mom got from the "grandstands" :-)


The Masters Of Ceremonies (I can't remember their names. Carol and Don or something...)



Before we got up on stage to accept our award, they showed a video on the screen of footage from around the Fort. Here's Jon and Dave.









We were all in Jonny's hands when he gave his little acceptance speech! It was a little scary, but he did better than I though he would. He also plugged the Queen's Birthday event this Saturday :-D


Afterwards was of course, a photo-op. We had to have our pictures taken with a bunch of politicians :-P


And, naturally, Mom wanted one of Jonny and I holding the award. It was made by the glass blowing class at the school where they held the award ceremony.

-Graydon L

4 comments:

Sophia said...

Aww, we all look so great! That was an amusing evening... I think that Jonny scored with Peggy and Lane on mentioning Queen Vicky's B-day! :)

My mom told me to ask you if I could have (for personal use, show the relatives) one of the pictures your mom took. If this is okay, then can you email me one of everybody? If this is not okay, then, obviously don't. ;)

Graydon L said...

Sure thing. I think I can dig up your email address from somewhere (bwahahahahaha), but if you don't get an email within 2 days, just put your email address in a comment. When I moderate my comments, I'll get your email and then I wont publish the comment for your privacy.

Deal?

Sophia said...

Thanks again :)

Anonymous said...

i didn't know about this award! congrats (O:
amy

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones