MRM - Bedtime Stories

Directed by: Adam Shankman

Written by: Matt Lopez, Tim Herlihy

Starring Cast: Adam Sandler (Skeeter Bronson), Keri Russell (Jill)

Supporting Cast: Guy Pearce (Kendall), Richard Griffiths (Barry Nottingham), Teresa Palmer (Violet Nottingham), Jonathan Morgan Heit (Patrick), Laura Ann Kesling (Bobby)

What's It Rated?: PG for some mild rude humor and mild language

Genre: comedy, romance, fantasy

Synopsis: Skeeter Bronson is just an average fix-it guy for a massive hotel with his own problems and annoyances to take care of when his Sister, Wendy has to leave for a week and leaves her kids, Patrick and Bobby in Skeeters care. He only has to take the "night shift" and Wendy's friend, Jill takes care of the kids during the day while they're at school. However, on Skeeters first night with the kids, they ask him to tell them a bedtime story... and the next day, it comes true.

My Take: I don't like Adam Sandler, I don't like movies about public school, I don't like crude humor, and I don't like the movie Bedtime Stories.

Basically, it was one Hollywood propaganda message after another with crude humor thrown in everywhere, a poor storyline, and barely a scene without immodestly dressed women. There were some funny lines, and I gotta admit, the idea had some potential, but I'm afraid they butchered whatever good there was left in it.

I know this is going to be a very short review, but I've basically said all there is to say about this disgusting movie wearing the mask of a kids film.

Sorry, Mr. Shankman, but your movie just plain stinks.

Story: 5 out of 10

Humor: 4 out of 10

Action/Suspense: N/A

Overall: 3.5 out of 10


-Graydon L

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya but it was still funny

Graydon L said...

True enough, it was funny in some parts, but I look at the overall picture of the thing.

Sophia said...

I love your movie reviews, you're able to cover pretty much everything. Plus, since I agree with you on a lot of things, it saves me time away from bad/boring/stupid movies.

Graydon L said...

Thanks! I don't usually get a lot of comment on my reviews and the only thing that keeps me doing them is people giving me suggestions, so this is really cool. Thanks so much for your comment!

Melissa said...

I thought is was funny! Not a GREAT movie but a funny, happy-go-lucky, not alot of substance, silly movie.

Graydon L said...

Yeah, silly and CRUDE!

I didn't like it that much at all :-(

Anonymous said...

ya, I was disappointed too. Thought it was pretty lame, creative perhaps in places, but lame... the characters were what disapointed me the most - and most of all Sandler's character. His roles seem to always be pathetic, crude, and underachieving, sorry excuses for men. Sometimes I get tired of seeing that on movies.

Amy

Graydon L said...

EXACTLY! You put it perfectly Amy, "sorry excuses for men"!

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones