My Acer Aspire AM3100!

IMGP2818

As I said in my earlier post, my new computer (which I have name Percy) arrived last night, and I gotta thank that UPS guy for braving the floods to get it here a whole day early!!!! I’m extremely happy with it, and Vista even it’s all that bad.

There actually a few things that are pretty cool about Vista. the side bar where you can display various gadgets it very cool, I’ve got mine set to display time/date etc., as well as a currency converter (set to the difference between the Canadian dollar and the American) and a Weather Bug local weather gadget. But my favorite gadget is the Notepad:

 

 

                                    ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 08 15.18

You can have multiple notes at once and they can be as long as you want! NO MORE STICKY TABS ALL OVER THE MONITER!!!! WHOOOHOOOOOOO!!! sorry, I just had to do that.

anyway, on with the pictures:

 

 

IMGP2813 Here’s Percy parked right next to my (puny) Dell monitor and Acer mouse.

 

 

IMGP2822 Acer really thought this one through, most people put their towers on the floor, so they put the USB 2.0 and headphone jacks on the top of the unit! Smart! I don’t have Percy on the floor right now, but that’s just because I’m using a camp table as a desk until I can find one on Craigslist for cheap, even even then, the ports on top are kinda handy.

 

 

IMGP2812

Another look at my camp table festooned with $700 plus worth of equipment :-)

 

I’ve been on the computer practically all day now, transferring over files, downloading my favorite software, uninstalling all the junk programs Percy came with, and figuring out how Vista works. I found this AWSOME program that Windows has out called Windows Live Writer. It’s like a word processing program, but it’s liked to your blog! you can do waaaaay more stuff with your posts that Blogger lets you do, and it doesn’t have weird layout errors either. Bonus: a real spell/grammar checker!!!!! you can download it here.

 

Well that’s all for now, I have some more school work to get to, see y’all on Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whooot whooo... (whistling)

nice computer. say hi to percy for me, let him know that i'm looking forward to meeting him!

amy

Graydon L said...

Will do!

ReillyClan11 said...

Read, Pray and Share!!

http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones