More Coolness, and My Upcoming Trip to San Antonio

As the title suggests, I and my family are traveling to San Antonio in a week for a business conference put on my Family EBiz’s Steve Beck. However, this presented a couple of problems to us because we have no good laptops that would be able to compute at the high level needed at this conference. Sooooo… drum roll… we bought a new laptop! It’s main purpose will be to be my mom’s new computer (this is so she can sit on the couch for her computing, which will be easier on her neck) and also so that Jonny can have mom’s old desktop to replace his, which is suffering from a terminal illness ;-)

 

This puts our total “Computers in the house” total up to 7. 11 if you count our PDAs and GPS unit.

 

The an extremely high rated Toshiba Satellite Pro with Intel’s forefront mobile processor, very good speakers, large display, great hard drive and, RAM upgradable to 4GB. I don’t have any pictures now, and Mom’s camera SD card is full of pictures already so there’s no room for more until she copies them over to her computer.

 

The biggest hurdle with this new computer for my mom is getting used to Vista. After using XP since it came out, and still not fully understanding it, Mom’s going to have a massive learning curve :-)

 

Another aspect of our trip is going to be pleasure as well actually. We’ve got a day before the conference to goof off, and also three days after for sight-seeing on the River walk and also visiting the Alamo again. I’ve actually been to San A before for another conference also put on by Steve Beck a few years ago. We walked along the river and saw the Alamo then too.

 

Anyway, I’m looking forward to heading out on Wednesday, don’t worry I’ve got an MRM in the bag for when I’m gone :-)

 

-Graydon

4 comments:

SamuelY said...

I can't believe you, Graydon!

You finally get your chance to move on to bigger and better things and you decide to stay with Windows?

Two words for you: MacBook!

Sounds like you're going to be wandering in the desert for a long time to come...

:-)

Anonymous said...

New computer, so awesome! You've been to San A before, do you like it there?

Anonymous said...

I have just been informed that my family has visited S A before. But I wasn't born yet. Which is too bad because it sounds cool. :) So take lots of pictures!

Graydon L said...

Sam ~ I have one word for you: EXPENSIVE!!! :-)

Sophia ~ Yeah, San A is fun. I like the riverwalk the best.

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones