The rest of the San Antonio pics, and my new B-17 model

Here’s a slide show of the rest of the San A pics, scroll down to see my new model B-17 that I just finished!

 

I also finished making another of my wood airplanes. I chose the B-17G because the B-29 and B-52, although cool, don’t fully represent the idea of American air superiority like the B-17 does. I wanted to make a bomber just for the change and the B-17 has become the “representive” of all bombers throughout history.

 

IMGP4543 

This particular B-17G called the “Thunderbird” and actually still airworthy!

 

IMGP4544 

 

IMGP4549

 

IMGP4550

This is actually my first model that I’ve ever made that features the landing gear extended! Much harder than expected :-P

 

art-unknown-thunderbird

 

b-17-flying-fortress-3a

The two images above are the two pictures I did most of my research from. I got my color scheme mostly from the one on the top, and I used the one on the bottom just to put perspective to my three-view profile diagrams (below) that I used for the actually shaping of the plane.

 

three-view-b17-bomber 

 

Well, that’s all I’ve got right now. I’ve got to go and get some dinner now, so I guess I’m signing off!

 

-Graydon

4 comments:

Sophia said...

Looks like you had an awesome time in San A! Are the blurry, grayish foggy pictures of clouds?

Great job on the model, how long did it take to make?

Graydon L said...

yeah, i have a thing for clouds... their just so... so... cloudish... hmm...

jk, took me about 3 days; probably 2-3 hours each. It's a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great post you got here. It would be great to read more concerning this theme. Thnx for posting that material.

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones