Movie Quotes Quiz (With Hints)

I’ve been tagged yet again, I guess I’m going to be labeled as sucker for this sort of thing now, but I guess I can’t resist.

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.

2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.

3. Post them here for everyone to guess.

4. When someone guesses correctly, write the name of the movie above the quote.

5. NO Googling, using IMDb search, or other search functions.

6. Tag 5 people.

See if you can guess who said the following quotes (the character, not the actor) and the movie in which they said it. Post as many answers as you can in a comment and I’ll put the answers next to the quotes. Enjoy!


Quote #1 - Ted Hanover: [Talking about peach preserves] “Boy! Do I go for those! Why they’re great on… on… [Pause] … or even plain!”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: The Sting

Quote #2 - “Doyle, I KNOW I gave him four THREES. He had to make a SWITCH. We can't let him get away with that.”

- “What was I supposed to do… call him for cheating better than me, in front of the others?”


Quote #3 - Joy Boy: “I ain't gonna marry her! An' y'know why? 'Cause my wife don't like it when I go around marryin' people! She's funny that way!”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: the Longest Day

Quote #4 - “This is history. We are living an historical moment. We are going to lose the war because our glorious Führer has taken a sleeping pill and is not to be awakened. Sometimes I wonder which side God is on.”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: Valkyrie

Quote #5 - “Long live sacred Germany!”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: Batman Begins (Honorable Mention to Melissa N for at least guessing the right Super-Hero)

Quote #6 - [Screaming] “Where are you?!?”

- [quiet] “Here.”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: Back to The Future part 1

Quote #7 - “Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain!”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: Lord of the Rings, Return of the King

Quote #8 - “No tomb for Denethor and Faramir. No long, slow sleep of death embalmed. We shall burn, like the heathen kings of old. Bring wood and oil.”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: Groundhog Day

Quote #9 - “If you gotta shoot, aim high. I don't wanna hit the groundhog.”


Guessed Correctly by David P: Hogan's Heroes (TV show)

Quote #10 - Sgt. Carter: [on telephone] “Hello? Oh, hi... I didn't mean to hang up on you before but you really do have the wrong number. This is a prisoner of war camp. Who am I? I'm a prisoner.”


Guessed Correctly by Isaiah H: Ocean's 13

Quote #11 - “You shook Sinatra's hand. You should know better.”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y, then Melissa N: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Quote #12 - Sen. Jefferson Smith: “Either I’m dead right or I’m crazy!”


Guessed Correctly by David P: Gods and Generals

Quote #13 - “I never thought I'd see the day when the President of the United States would raise an army to invade his own country. No, Mister Blair, I cannot... I will not lead it.”


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: Father Goose

Quote #14 - “So far you're shared me out of my clothes, my food and my house. Now, how about sharing some of my things with me.


Guessed Correctly by Sam Y: The Hunt for Red October

Quote #15 - “I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?”

- “I suppose”

- “No papers?”

- "No papers, state to state”

- “Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.”

- “Oh, at least”


I Tag:

Jonathan L

Sam Y

David P

Matt B

Sarah P

19 comments:

Melissa said...

#6 is the Dark Knight (love that movie!!)

Graydon L said...

Sorry, but #6 is not from the Dark Knight. Try again :-)

Melissa said...

Iron man ?!?! I know I have heard it before!!!

Graydon L said...

Nope, Sorry :-)

SamuelY said...

OK, Graydon, here we go. Some of these are guesses...

#2 is The Sting

#4 is The Longest Day???

#5 is Valkyrie???

#6 is Batman Begins

#7 is Back to the Future Pt. 1

#8 is The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King

#9 is Groundhog Day?

#10 is Stalag 17?

#15 is The Hunt for Red October

I know I've seen #12 and #14 but I just can't place them right now (growl).

How'd I do?

Graydon L said...

You did very well, Sam!

All of your guesses were right except #10. #10 is not Stalag 17... but you're close ;-)

SamuelY said...

Finally remembered #14...

It's Father Goose (clever)

Graydon L said...

Alas, you are right; the moment of clear thought hath come forth.

:-)

David said...

#12 No Highway in the Sky

David said...

#13 Gods and Generals

Graydon L said...

Hey, David. You're right about God's and Generals (love that movie) but I'm afraid you have not arrived at the solution for #12...

... you do have the right starring actor though :-)

Holston Family said...

#11 Ocean's 13

-Isaiah

SamuelY said...

Quote #12 - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Melissa said...

#12 Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Graydon L said...

Ah, so you arrive at the conclusion at last.

David said...

#10 Hogans Heros??

Graydon L said...

Yes, that was sort of a trick because Hogan's Heroes isn't really a "movie"... But I thought that TV shows sort of count :-)

SamuelY said...

Cheap.

Very cheap.

Graydon L said...

You're just jealous because you didn't guess it sooner ;-)

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones