MRM - Dialtone

The premiere has come and gone and I gotta say, It was better than I ever hoped. I know most of you have already seen Dialtone, but if you haven't found some way of seeing it, it's totally worth it!

Here is the Dialtone website: www.dialtonemovie.com

Dialtone

Written by: Brian Lohr

Directed by: Brian Lohr

Starring Cast: Brian Lohr (Greg Pleasant)

Supporting Cast: Craig Munson (the mysterious client), Natalie Lohr (Abagail Pleasant)

What's it rated?: Not Rated (I give it a General Audiences rating)

Genre: Drama, Independent Christian Film

Synopsis: A mysterious phone. A missing lawyer. An abandoned warehouse. They all help tell a story about Greg Pleasant, a Seattle lawyer who's held back from leading the dynamic life Christ wants him to live because he fears man's opinion of him more than God's. After Greg loses the control he believes he has over his life, an odd client tells him about an old phone that calls back into the past. When faced with the ultimate wake up call, how will he answer? How will you?

My Take: I've been following the production of Dialtone for over a year now, pulling in every scrap of information I could find, trying to get a glimpse of what Dialtone would be like. Now that I've attended the official Premiere and seen this fantastic film for myself, I have to say it's better than I ever dreamed.

Naturally, it's not perfect, almost every independent film isn't, but it's definitely the direction film should be going to reclaim the culture for Christ.

I'd say the story was pretty good, perhaps a little vague in places, but it's not especially hard to follow. There are a lot of movies that you have to watch several times just to understand why some character did something, I'd say Dialtone was pretty free of this.

As I said before, It's a great film, I totally enjoyed watching it, and I recommend it to everyone.

Story: 7 out of 10

Humor: N/A

Drama/Suspense: 7.5 out of 10

Overall: 9 out of 10

-Graydon L

6 comments:

Melissa said...

What do you mean there was no humor?! You must have missed that part, remember the "blank screen" part?? :D

Graydon L said...

OK, if you want to get picky over it!

;-)

Sarah said...

Just a correction..... the Dialtone website is www.dialtonemovie.com not the whowouldyoucall.

Graydon L said...

Thanks Sarah. I actually checked out both addresses before I wrote the post and they didn't look any different from each other so I just picked one, but I'll take your word for it :-)

Thanks for the comment!

David said...

Actually both those links work, and it takes you to the same website.

Graydon L said...

Yeah, that's what I thought at first.

Oh-well :-)

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones