The Snow Architects

We got about 7-8 inches of snow this week so Jonny and I decided to get out there and make some snow sculptures.

I've always been annoyed at how unimaginative people can be when playing in the snow; regular old snowmen and their families, regular old snow forts, regular old snowball fights... well Jonny and I go for the more interesting creations:




Like a SnowThrone! I made this one by myself out of our patented SnowBricks (TM, R, C). It's about 6 1/2 feet tall! 

In case you're wondering, a SnowBrick is when you take a crate/box/hollow rectangle thingy, fill it with snow, pack the snow down hard, then flip the crate over and and lift it off the snow inside. What you're left with is a rock-hard rectangular piece of compacted snow!




And... A SnowStairs (also made of SnowBricks)! Up one side of the fence...




... and down the other!


Here's a video of me climbing/decending the stairs:

I'm wearing sandals because I didn't want to go through all the trouble of putting on my boots.

Well, that's all for now. I hope this has given you plenty of ideas for your own snow creations, if not I suggest you read some Calvin and Hobbes comics :-)

-Graydon L

5 comments:

J-Man said...

yo Graydon lets do the Taj Mahal next.

Jonathan L.

Matt B said...

Today me and my dad built regular old snowmen, but the thing that makes it special is that it is 10 feet tall;)
And I made a igloo.
Merry Christmas,
Matt

Graydon L said...

10 feet tall is NOT normal.

Blue-eyed lass said...

Wow that's cool :) I never did get the chance to go make anything in the snow, even a regular old snowman haha. And Jonny, sounds like y'all want to go for the big time next snowfall!

Graydon L said...

Nah, I'm pretty well done with snow this year.

If someone would invent snow that was warm, I'd be happy to play in it more often ;-)

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones