My Crazy 16th!

Well, yesterday was my 16th birthday, and I must say, I was not a little surprised at what happened.

How can this be? Well my day started off normal enough with the usual early-morning "happy birthdays", and soon I came to realize that my family was planning nothing particularly special for my birthday. I thought to myself, "well I guess that's OK, I wasn't really wanting do anything fancy anyway"... but all that was about to change.

Shortly after leaving our weekly Toastmaster's meeting, I was grabbed, blindfolded and stuffed into the trunk of our car (actually, I got to sit in the front seat, but it sounds cooler this way) and carried off to an unknown location.

Soon I was rewarded with the sound and feel of gravel crunching beneath the car tires. "Ah", I thought to myself, "we're going to someones house", but I could not think of who I knew that had a gravel driveway.

I was guided out of the car up to a set of wood steps, with a small hand (who's owner was giggling unceasingly) grasping mine...

...I heard a door open... 

...the blindfold came off...

A chorus of "Happy Birthday"s greeted me! Turns out that the day before Jonny had spent all his time making phone calls arranging a surprise airsoft birthday party for me at the Ng's house!

We spent the rest of the day playing airsoft, eating pizza, playing board games, and wishing that the Pollocks could have made it (We missed you guys!!!)

Well, enough talk. Pictures!


Yeah, Thanks for the gesture, guys ;-)

Amanda saying "happy birthday"


Josh even made a cake! Thanks buddy!


I had a great time and I'm very gratefully to have a group of friends (and a brother) that would go through all this trouble for a guy like me.

Thanks Guys!

(by the way, that little giggly hand turned out to be Hope :-)

-Graydon L

P.S. Thanks Ng's for opening up your home for us rowdy, trigger happy, crazed airsofters!

P.P.S. My brother, Ryan bought me a Ron Paul T-Shirt (which I will be wearing on Friday night.), My dad bought me The Dark Night on Blu-Ray ("ha ha ha ha ha! You're just a freak... like me!!"), and I got a bunch of money from other family members to go towards the computer I'm planning to buy.

2 comments:

David said...

Sorry we couldn't make it. We tried really hard but things just didn't work out. Looking forward to the stories!!!

Graydon L said...

And boy, do we have some good stories too :-)

see you guys in exactly 1 hour 15 minutes and 35 seconds ;-)

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones