Even More on the Slowmobile V2

I was at Church today and Sam Y asked me a series of very interesting questions. His first question was "what is the fastest airplane in the world?", seeing as I'm a bit of an Aficionado on the subject, I quickly replied "the SR-71 'Blackbird.' It can fly over Mach 3."

His follow-up question was "if the first gear on the Slowmobile V2 rotated as fast as the F-one seven..."

"SR-71" I corrected.

"SR-71, whatever. If that gear rotated as fast as the SR-71, how fast would the Slowmobile move?"

At this, I was perplexed. I genuinely didn't know. I knew of course it would be very slow, and I promised Sam I would figure it out.

Well, when I got home, I had to find out exactly how fast the Blackbird's top speed was so I could apply my brain to the task of reducing that number proportionate to the V2's gear system.

But I found so much cool stuff (and pictures) that I just had to make a video to answer the question.

And now, without further ado, exclusively to blogger, my video on the SR-71 Blackbird.


-Graydon L

2 comments:

SamuelY said...

Hey Graydon,
Thanks for answering my question. With the video and all that, I would say it was quite acceptable.

One final question (you don't have to answer if you don't want to or don't have the time...): How fast, in miles per hour, would the first gear of the Slowmobile V2 need to turn in order to make the machine go 1 MPH?

Graydon L said...

I'd be happy to, Sam.

it's 28,460,160 MPH.

That's 28.5 million miles per hour.

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones