My new Blanket-Shirt!

The Candlelight tour at Ft. Nisqually is just around the corner and Jonny and I are ready! We not only made hard tack for snacking, but also helped Mom make us some blanket-shirts. I practically froze to death last year and so we bought some blankets at the muzzle loader show earlier in the year and resolved to make something out of them. At first we thought they would turn out as capotes, but capotes a pretty big blanket, bigger than we had. But I'm perfectly OK with a blanket shirt instead, if it does the job and look good, why not?

Enough talk; pictures!

Cutting from the pattern.


Just a little hand-sewing to touch up.


Aaaaand the finished product! I think it looks quite nice and it's definitely very warm!

Also, I'd like to draw your attention to the new "Do YOU know me?" quiz on the sidebar!

-Graydon L

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Whoa! Complete new look--very nice...

Graydon L said...

The blanket-shirt or the blog? :-)

Thanks for the comment, Sarah!

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones