MRM - Father Goose

I got this one from the Library on a recommendation from Sam.

Father Goose

Directed by: Ralph Nelson

Written by: S.H. Barnett, Peter Stone

Starring Cast: Cary Grant (Walter Eckland), Leslie Caron (Catherine Freneau)

Supporting Cast: Trevor Howard (Commander Frank Houghton), Jack Good (Lieutenant Stebbings), Sheryl Locke (Jenny)

What's It Rated?: PG for some language, violence, and use of alcohol

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Synopsis: Walter Eckland is a unshaven, alcoholic "filthy beast" content to sit out WWII in peace. But when the local harbor-master, Commander Frank Houghton tricks him into become a temporary coast watcher, he is stranded on an uninhabited Island with just himself, his damaged boat, and a radio to report movement by Japanese planes and ships. But Walter's little world is shaken apart when he answers a distress call from another coast watcher on a different Island but ends up rescuing a "goodie-two-shoes" schoolmistress and her seven girl students.

My Take: As you may have been able to tell from my previous movie reviews I'm really not much of a romantic comedy guy, but I really enjoyed watching Father Goose. There's just enough about WWII to make it interesting for your die-hard action film lover and an unlikely romance to keep the girls watching too.

The story was pretty good, it didn't really drag at any point in the middle like so many films do, and there was a bit of a surprise ending for me as well, although it did feel like the movie was over even though there was 2o minutes left. Other than the "double" ending, I kinda enjoyed it and it has even found a place in the ranks of my "I'll watch that again sometime" shelf.

Like I said, an overall good film, that perhaps I'd watch again sometime.

Story: 7 out of 10

Humor: 8 out of 10

Suspense/Action: 8 out of 10

Overall: 7.5 out of 10

This film was chosen for review on a recommendation from Sam Y! If you want to recommend a film to me, or ask me about a movie you were thinking of seeing soon, just leave a comment and I'll look into it!

-Graydon L

0 comments:

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones