Highlight #35

Hey y'all, I just got back from the Christian Heritage tour the capitol thing, it's pretty cool! the Pollocks, Rileys, Bryans, and the Babcooks were there, so I talked with David, Jonathan and Matt during lunch, about...well... lunch. I had a lettuce/cheese/mayonaise sandwich, the Pollocks brought PB&J sandwiches, and Matt was the Lucky recipient of a Caesar salad, yum-yum ;-)

As you can tell, I don't really have much to say, except that when we took the tour, we ended in the Supreme Court across the street from the rotunda, and had a mock hearing dealing with the Loomis/Garner case. If you haven't heard, this was a real case that took place a few years back where a man by the name of Kevin Garner, who worked for the Loomis armored-car service, sued Loomis for firing him when he got out of the armored car he was guarding (which Garner stated he would never do, and was absolutely forbidden to do, by force of contract) and saved a young woman who was being held hostage by a bank robber with a knife. Garner was immediately dismissed for breaking company rules, so he went to superior court, where he was ruled against by the presiding jury. So he appealed to the court of Appeal (surprise!)...Where he lost again. Finally he went to superior court in Olympia and won the case. So anyway, our tour group got some audience volunteers to play the justices, attorneys, and the bailiff. And we held "court" to replay the actual case. I would have been an attorney on the side of Garner, but those places were taken pretty fast so I became one of Loomis' attorneys. My opposing attorneys said their piece, and we said ours, the "justices" held a secret vote, and the Judge announced, "The court has voted 6-3 in favor of the defendant. (The defendant was called something else, but I can't remember what it was) I totally didn't expect that! I thought for sure that they would all vote against me and my fellow "attorney"! So that was pretty cool, except for the fact I was playing devil's advocate and personally thought that Garner was right... but like I said, all the other positions were taken already.

Well, I haven’t been able to work on "Accident" today, after all I have been gone all day, but I'm going to do a bit of voice-over work for a while, seeing as how it's to dark to film inside right now. I hope the weather clears up enough for me to do a couple of outdoor shots, unfortunately, the weather has been forecasted as Rain-Rain-Rain, all week long, so... maybe not, oh-well.

But anyway, Got to go, lot of work to do, lot of voice to record, lot of worrying to worry about :-) I'll see ya' later!

-Graydon L

P.S. ATTENTION! ATTENTION! I'm planning a contest to commemorate the one hundredth post on this blog, I know it seems early, but it's only about 2 1/2 months away, and you'll probably need to start early! Please write a short Story telling me why you should be President. I will select the 3 best stories, and then perform a random draw for the 1st place winner, whose name, and story will be posted on the 100th post of this blog. The reason for the random draw, is to make me feel better about picking amongst my friends, and to level the playing field a bit. There IS a prize, I haven't decided what it will be yet, but I assure you, It's not going to be some small, cheap prize that leaves you feeling that It wasn't worth entering. I will anounce the prize I'm planning to give away when I decide upon it.

Please email your story, as well as your name to:
glhighlights100@yahoo.com

ALSO, PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS CONTEST, THIS IS A FRIENDLY CONTEST, NOT A FIGHT TO THE DEATH :-)

READ THIS NOW! COMPLETE RULES!
Complete rules: no purchase nessesary. Please write a story explaining why you should/could/aught to be the President of the USA. All stories, when submitted are surrendered unto Graydon L and GL's highlights, and by participating, you are agreeing to do such. Stories will be selected based on; Humor(10%) Clarity (15%), Creativity (25%), and Originality (50%). The top three (3)stories will be selected by Graydon L, and a random drawing will then be performed to decide the winner. The Random draw will be performed at 8:00 PM PST on the day of the 100th post, and the winning story will be posted on this blog as the winner. Whenever that may be. Participants may enter more than one story with maximum of three (3) entries per person. There is no limit to the number of entries per household. No lobbying or Bribery will be allowed, anyone deemed to be doing so, will be disqualified immediately. A prize of yet undecided value will be awarded to the 1st place entry, and I will award said prize on the usual ground of the Pilgrim Bible Church or by USPS direct priority mail. Please email your story, as well as your name (and if you don't go to Pilgrim Bible Church, your street address as well) to: glhighlights100@yahoo.com. All entries must be received by March 31st 2008. By participating you are automatically agreeing to follow the above rules. Thank you. These rules can be found here and on the sidebar of this blog at any time until March 31st 2008

GL's highlights, and Glhighlights100 are trademarks of Tree Top Publishing International, all rights reserved


Please email your story, as well as your name to: glhighlights100@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones