Highlight #128

Hey y'all, It's done! my very first modern Air Force fighter, the F-15 eagle, is complete. It took me approximately 7 hours to finish over the course of about a week, and I must say, this is my favorite plane I've made yet.

The construction is actually quite different from the WWII planes I've made before because those other planes were made by gluing clothes-pegs together and attaching wings to them. This F-15 is constructed out of various pieces of wood cut to precise dimensions in relation to the other pieces. Well I should stop gabbing and just show you the pictures, here you go!


I took this picture with the aircraft on top of my computer's mouse pad and I think it reflected the camera flash onto the plane making it a tad discolored. Oh, and yes, the slight darker color on the wings is intentional; a real F-15 has that same darker wings and fins.



Here I am holding it in my hand to show you the approximate size. As I've said before, it's almost 5 inches long.

I guess I did pretty good on it, but I'm not so happy about the canopy as I hoped I would be. Sure it looks cool, but It's a tad too long and wide for an F-15. Also, I couldn't get the curved canopy to work out, I had to go with the traditional "square" glass canopy.

Maybe I'll do an F-22 or F-35 next :-)

-Graydon L

0 comments:

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones