Highlight #28

Hey y'all, I got back from my ski trip up on Chrystal Mountain today, I got back at around 5PM I think, give or take a few minutes. I had a great time but there was one hitch; just a while back I bought some skis for $30 at a garage sale (that's a steal by the way, they were K2 brand!) and they came with boots, polls, etc. anyway, I got 'em out for the trip and they looked OK to me. Well, we get up to the lodge, I put my ski boots on and everything, I go to put my boot onto my ski and it doesn’t fit! So we go inside and pay $20 to get them adjusted to my boot. Surprise! "This boot is too big for this ski, you need to have your ski bindings spread apart more", another $40. So we stand around awhile and the fixer-repair-guy says, "oh-man... uh this is goin' to take, like, uh... another 30 to 40 minutes or so, man... I ran into a bit of a problem." so we finally decided to rent skis for $20 (the guy gave us $15 bucks off the regular price of $35 for our trouble, so that was cool) anyway, those of you who have been doing the math now know how much those skis REALLY cost... (Drum roll please)... a grand total of $120 over the course of 6 months... ouch. Who says garage sales are cheap. Still $120 bucks is still really good for a pair of K2s so it wasn't that bad, I suppose. Well before I go I would like to introduce to you my first on-blog video: Powder King.



In case you didn't notice, I mentioned Sam and Matt in the "Special Thanks to" section. I did this because Matt got me started in making home videos in the first place, and Sam gave me the idea of making a ski vid by filming a few videos and putting them on his blog, So... Thanks Guys.

Enjoy the Video!

-Graydon L

P.S. Make sure you have the speakers pluged in because music is a major part in this movie.

7 comments:

SamuelY said...

Wow, Graydon!
I loved the animation! I should call you up sometime for doing my titles......
Now, of course, you realize that Hans Zimmer, if he ever finds this movie, will sue you for everything you've got including your LEGOS, $120 garage sale skis, and Jonny's banana chair.
Enjoy the lawsuits ;^)

David said...

That's a great video!! You have a good soundtrack too. Very immpressed!!!

Graydon L said...

Thanks for the offer Sam, I would be more than happy to help you with anything you would like my assistance on.

I don't see why Mr. Zimmer could sue me, I listed his name in the credits. Besides, I'm a minor and the court costs would outweigh the prospective profits; Jonny's bannana chair is only worth $20 :-)

-Graydon :-)

P.S. I think I might have accidently deleted and Anomomous comment, I can't remember what it said, so if anyone out there who recently left a Anonomous comment on this blog suddenly finds their comment has not been published, please leave another one.
Thank-you.

Melissa said...

Cool sounds like fun ! I wish I knew how to ski ! GREAT soundtrack !! I LOVE The credits song !!!!!!

Graydon L said...

thanks Mellisa, It's Hanz Zimmer's "two hornpipes" used in the tortuga sceines in Pirates of the Carribean 2: dead man's chest.

-Graydon :-)

Anonymous said...

What part is animated?

Graydon L said...

The Titles and credits of course! I wish I was good enough with computers to animate me skiing but, sadly, I'm not. the best I've ever done as far as 3D"sculptures" in the computer is a chess set I haven't even finished yet. but Thanks for the question anyway! The more Comments, the merrier!

-Graydon :-)

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones