Highlight #73

Hey y'all, It's Movie Review Monday! The film I picked out today is one of my all time favorite movies, Every time I see it I like it more and more. It was released in 1952 and is based on the play by Donald Bevan and Edmund Trzcinski, written for the silver screen by Billy Wilder and Edwin Blum. And now without further ado...



Stalag 17
Staring Cast: William Holden (Sefton), Don Taylor (Lt. Dunbar), Otto Preminger (Col. Von Sherbach)

Supporting Cast: Robert Strauss (Animal), Harvey Lembeck (Harry Shapiro) Richard Erdman (Hoffy), Peter Graves, of Mission Impossible fame (Price), Neville Brand (Duke), Sig Ruman (Sgt. Scholz)


Directed by: Billy Wilder


Written by: Billy Wilder, Edwin Blum


What's it Rated? Not rated (I give it PG for violence)


Setting: Stalag 17, the Toughest POW camp in all of Nazi Dominated Germany during WWII.


Synopsis: A group of GIs are thrown together in the notorious German prison camp Stalag 17. For the most part, they spend their time scheming ways to help each other escape. But when two prisoners are killed in and escape attempt, it becomes obvious there is a spy among them.


My Take: This is a classic movie with a superb cast and story-line. A nice touch is the narration by Cookie, Sefton's young assistant. The entire film is weaved with clean comedy, and unlike most films about the military, there is no swearing at all in the entire movie. I love this movie and, if it weren't for the violence, I would recommend it for almost anyone.


Story: 9 out of 10


Humor: 7 out of 10


Overall: 9 out of 10


Well, that's the end of my review on Stalag 17, tune in next week for another instalment of Movie Review Monday!

-Graydon L


P.S. feel free to ask me to review any other movie you would like to see, I'll gladly consider each and every suggestion. thanks! :-)


I hope everyone has started working on their story for the 100th post contest. The March 31st deadline is FAST approaching!


Please email your story, as well as your name to: GLhighlights100@yahoo.com

0 comments:

Graydon's Fav Music Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Graydon's Fav Classical and Movie Soundtrack Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones